Steps on what to do with your new website and how to build a great online presence.
First and foremost, thank you for using Iron Horse Branding as your website design and management company. Our goal is to provide unique, functional and easy to use websites for both our clients and their users. Included in your build is a 30 day period from site launch where I will monitor your website for any little errors or issues that may occure. During that 30 day period you are more than welcome to submit minor changes or edits to fine tune your website. Our goal is always your complete satisfaction! Below are my suggestions on how to get the most out of your website so that it stays healthy and works for you and not against you.
1. Spread The Word!
When your website goes live, the most important thing to do initially is drive traffic to it. This will help google index it faster and start improving your SEO rankings immediately. Here are some ways to consider getting the word out:
- Email Newsletter – if you have a newsletter or email list, be sure to let them know that the new site has launched and even more importantly, how it can help their business or add value to them. Mailchimp is what I use and highly recommend.
- Social Media – use your network of Facebook friends, family or co-workers to get the word out. You’d be surprised how far one post can go when it’s shared and liked. Also, if you’re active on Linked In, Facebook, Instagram or other socials, share away!!
- Word of Mouth – word of mouth is still the most powerful referral. If you’re as excited as we are when your site launches, tell those around you! Get their opinion and see what they think about your new online presence. That’s valuable feedback that may come in handy when considering changes and additions to the site moving forward.
2. Ask for Reviews!!!
Online reviews are more important than ever. Particularly for businesses being googled and found online, a user will look at reviews almost immediately. There are many different ways and platforms on ways to get reviews, but here are some we recommend:
- Google Review – this is highly recommended as google reviews are generally what will pop up when somebody finds your site with an internet search. You can either have your customers google your business, then leave a review OR you can use this site to generate a direct link: https://supple.com.au/tools/google-review-link-generator. It’s super handy
- Facebook Reviews – FB reviews are also great and are now a more reputable spot for customer reviews. Don’t be afraid to ask for your customers to leave a review on your Facebook page and have them share it. Or get their permission for you to share it.
- Testimonials for Website – after your website is live, we recommend gathering as many testimonials as possible to post on the website. Even if you don’t currently have any on the site, if you can gather 5-10 good, personalized reviews (usually gathered via email or off of google or Facebook) we can eventually set up a testimonials page. Users will often look for reviews ON the site as well as on other outlets before making a purchase, calling or emailing. I recommend putting the best one’s on the site
3. Keep Things Fresh and Updated!!
After your website has been live for awhile, we recommend doing some things to keep it fresh. Particularly if you have a site with repeat or recurring visitors. Here are some suggestions:
- Change Out Images – we recommend changing out or updating images 1-3 times a year. If your website has a main image right when you open the front page, it’s important to keep that fresh and new. For the user, it looks like you’re taking the time to update your site and therefore making it more valuable for them.
- Colors/Layout – if your site has been sitting for more than a year or so, it’s strongly recommended that you do something to spice it up. Whether it’s making some cosmetic changes to the action colors or menu bar, or even just adjusting or adding some new graphics/images. Keeping your site fresh is a GREAT way to keep people coming back.
- Keep Your Information Updated – if information, staff, hours or services change for your business, be sure to change the website too! There’s nothing worse than having wrong information on a website. Or have a staff member’s picture on the page who doesn’t work there anymore. Keep your website updated and streamlined to your business.
4. Build Quality Site Content!!
A website is viewed by google as being “alive” or “dead.” An “alive” site is driving traffic, getting new and existing users, being updated, posting new blogs and content. If your site is “dead” – e.i. not being managed, updated or taken care of – it can impact your SEO ranking dramatically. Here’s some options on how to build your website content:
- Blog – blogging sounds a bit overrated and useless to a lot of people and I can understand that, but the facts are the facts – websites with blogs generally drive 30-40% more traffic to their sites than their competitors. Google will often pick up blog posts before picking up major website pages. If you can contribute good, lasting content that is well thought out and valuable to your customers, you will drive more traffic. Don’t be afraid to use social media and use your network to get the word out. It’s worth having someone maintain a solid website blog to drive your traffic and grow your online presence.
- New Pages – it’s generally good practice to not only update your images and graphics, but also your content! If you have more services to add to your site, do it! Google LOVES seeing that a site is being built on to. You can also repeat the steps above by reposting your site to your social media outlets and saying that you have updated images, content, new blog post, etc.
- Updated Content – if things in your industry change or your services change, be sure to update your site accordingly. Even adjusting content by a few words can show google that your site is being worked on and is again…”alive”.
5. Keep Your Website Updated, Current and Protected!!!
.Over 50% of all web traffic is currently spammers, bots, malware and hackers. If you haven’t already joined with us in protecting your website, we highly, highly recommend it. The fact is, sites are getting hacked left and right these days and most of the time, for no reason more than a hacker thousands of miles away just happening to find a way in or a web spider that got through a hosting company’s firewall, etc. If your site isn’t protected and secured, it’s only a matter of time before there’s a breach. Our plans lets you (and us) sleep better at night knowing that your site is protected as best it can be.
PLANS WE OFFER
Once a website is live, it’s not only important to protect it from malware and hackers that can take your site down and destroy your Google rankings but it’s also important to keep the tools in the site updated and to make sure the site as a whole is running quickly and efficiently.
Our monthly plan options include all that and more. Essentially, we’re on your side making sure that month to month your site is protected, updated, maintained, backed up and is kicking butt online. We even offer a Local SEO plan that includes maintenance!
BASIC MONTHLY MAINTENANCE
1) Updates & Optimization
-WordPress, theme monitored & updated
-Site cleared and optimized weekly
-Plugins monitored and updated
1) Backup & Restore Points
Your site is backed up weekly in multiple locations and can be restored at any time.
-Bi-Weekly website backups
-On & off-site backup locations
1) Monthly Reports
We send you a monthly report of your page views, site traffic and more.
-Monthly google analytics report of page views, site traffic details and more
-Detailed reports on what’s been done to keep your site updated and secure.
GET STARTED FOR ONLY
$75 / MO
• We offer a price break for multiple sites
• No contracts, initiation or termination fees
• Annual pricing option for $600/yr ($300/yr savings)
MONTHLY MAINTENANCE PLUS LOCAL SEO
LEARN MORE ABOUT LOCAL SEO | CLICK HERE
1) Monthly Maintenance
All the benefits and services of the Montly Maintenance plan. Rest assured your website will always be in great shape and working for you and not against you!
1) Get Listed, Be Found
1) Review Generation
Monitor, gather and respond to reviews left on your directory listings. From one location! Google puts higher priority on businesses that engage.
$199 / MO
One time $250 setup fee
• 1 year contract required
Lastly, We’d Love a Testimonial!
If you had an awesome experience, we’d love to hear about it.
Not only does it make us feel good, but it goes a long way with our potential future clients ?